Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Technique Tuesday: Heat Embossed Dots

 Today's blog post is showcasing Heat Embossing. I know this technique can be a smidge intimidating but trust me, the results are amazing. Join me and my colleagues as we focus on this amazing method.

One of my favorite things to do when heat embossing is to do this on top of the metallic paper.



For this card, I used Rose Gold Specialty Paper with Copper Embossing Powder. Included in the Rose Gold Specialty Paper pack are 3 different finishes: iridescent, matte, and metallic. For my card I used the metallic finish which is a just like a shiny foil.

Stampin' Up! offers 2 packages of embossing powders. The first group includes black, clear, and white while the second grouping has copper, gold, and silver.

I thought that the copper hue coordinated the best with the rose gold paper. To contrast the metallic background, I brought in Blackberry Bliss and Basic White colors. 


Now let's not forget the other rose gold item we carry, Rose Gold & White 5/8" Striped Ribbon.  As you can see in the above picture, I used the Stampin' Blends to color the ribbon, light Blackberry Bliss.

You can also see the added texture on the saying the ring of cardstock too.  Texture is one of the things I really love on a card.  I can add a bit more by using Stitched dies or the edge of my paper snips to rough things up.


Below you will find a shopping list for everything except the stamps and pearl embellishment.  These items are from the new Mini Catalog (Jan-April 2023) that starts on January 5th.  Please reach out with any questions!

Visit all the other awesome blogs.  I would love it if you would leave me a comment and share my post as well.  

Happy Stampin'     -Elizabeth



Product List

7 comments:

  1. Great card Elizabeth, this background stamp looks amazing embossed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique and that stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you stamped on metallic! I've never tried that but will now. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You combined two of my loves: rose gold and embossed backgrounds. Card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent technique to emboss on metallic paper! I'm going to give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete

Annual Catalog Product Shares

  Stampin’ Unicorn Product Shares    Want all the products but can’t afford it all?  SOLUTION!!! ACCESSORY PRODUCT SHARE