Saturday, February 9, 2019

Special Birthday Card for a Co-Worker


I love making cards for special occassions.  I always thrive when I have a specific reason for creating.  I made two cards but this one I was able to "customize" a little better.


 My coworker's name is Briawna, "Bri" for short.  Using the large letter dies and the embossing mats, I embossed her name in the Grapefruit Grove foil paper.

The card was a little different.  The card is a "long" cut card, so it's 4 1/4x 11.  To get the fold, you simply fold the card in half so it's 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and then fold one of the halves backwards to create a "Z" type fold.


Using the Broadway Birthday Bundle, I stamped the base of the card in Grapefruit Grove ink.  Then I stamped the saying in Momento Black ink on Melon Mambo cardstock.  Lastly, I cut Wish out of Basic Black cardstock using the framelits.


I also stamped in Melon Mambo ink on the cardstock on the front with the numerous sayings included in the Broadway Bound stamp set.  It added a nice tone on tone and adhered it to the front of the card.  Next I closed the card to see where I would need to position the top piece.  I wanted to cover the saying on the inside. 


After everything was taped down, I added a little black string to the jeweled button for a little accent.

Bri really loved her carad and I was happy to make something special just for her.  Happiest of Birthays!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annual Catalog Product Shares

  Stampin’ Unicorn Product Shares    Want all the products but can’t afford it all?  SOLUTION!!! ACCESSORY PRODUCT SHARE