Sunday, December 30, 2018

Easy Polished Stone Technique

This technique takes me back.  I know what you're thinking...you're not that old...but Ihave been stamping since I was in high school so that's over 20 years.  The Polished Stone technique has been around for quite a while...and is quite easy.  I found an even easier way too.


Traditionally for the Polished Stone technique, you would need glossy paper, ink refills, and rubbing alcohol.  You would use the alcohol with the ink and daub it over the glossy paper.  I found that it could be a little messy.


Instead of using the messy stuff....I just used sponge daubers with ink pads and then a little shimmer paint.  The first step is to use the dark color and daub it all over the place.  Next you come in with the ligther hue and daub all over everywhere.  You'll want to make sure to go over the edges of the darker color so it blends together.


After blending your colors together, I used a regular sponge with the simmer paint to go over the top of the color. 


As you can see, adding the little shimmer paint, really adds quite the effect.  When I do this I add a little shimmer paint to an empty accessories plastic container and dip my sponge into it.  This way I can make sure I don't get too much paint onto the sponge.


The peek-a-boo of color is just amazing against the classic white!
 A nice simple card with a burst of special color.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annual Catalog Product Shares

  Stampin’ Unicorn Product Shares    Want all the products but can’t afford it all?  SOLUTION!!! ACCESSORY PRODUCT SHARE