Thursday, November 26, 2015

Colorful Happy Birthday!

Did you ever have one of those cards when you seemed to just keep adding and adding and adding color to it?!?!  Well this is mine.  Of course balloons can't all be the same color...so we did it up right and used 9 different ink pads!



I wanted to use some of the special stamps that coordinated inside the balloons.  Since I wanted the hues to be rich, I didn't want to stamp off to get the two tone effect.  Instead I paired colors together that would look like a tone on tone.  The ones I used together are:  Island Indigo & Pool Party, Calypso Coral & Rose Red, and Wisteria Wonder & Elegant Eggplant.


As you can tell by the mess on my desk, I had plenty of thoughts of what to do with this card.  Sometimes a messy desk is the inspiration for another card!


This card was first created with my nieces (left side).  Funny enough, Abigail picked most of the colors....of course I tweaked them a little bit to make sure they looked good.


When we did the card with my nieces, we didn't use the piercing pad under the paper.  As you can see on the yellow balloon, there's a weird circle on it.  With larger solid colored photopolymer stamps, it's best to use this pad under neath to get a sharper image.  They don't have that extra cushioning like on the rubber stamps so this helps with that.

I hope you enjoyed my card.  And Have a Happy Colorful Birthday...whenever it is!

Celebrate Today Photopolymer Bundle by Stampin' Up!
Celebrate Today Photopolymer Bundle138869
Price$36.50
Bundle and save! Buy these two coordinating products and save 15%.

Celebrate Today Photopolymer Stamp Set
Celebrate today with balloons and banners. These Two-Step stamps give you so many creative options--combine individual stamps to build the final image you want in the colors you want.

* Quantity: 17 photopolymer stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, b, c, d, g, h

Balloon Framelits Dies
Party hearty with balloons and banners, bows and tails you make with Framelits dies and the Big Shot. Framelits' open design allows you to place them where you want for precise cutting.

* 4 dies
* Largest image :2-1/4" x 2-1/2"
* Use with Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annual Catalog Product Shares

  Stampin’ Unicorn Product Shares    Want all the products but can’t afford it all?  SOLUTION!!! ACCESSORY PRODUCT SHARE